Homemade Modeling Clay
This homemade modeling clay is easy to make and completely non-toxic. It uses ingredients that you probably already have in your kitchen. Make a batch of this homemade modeling clay and let the kids play.
Stop Feeding Your Kids Junk! – Skip the fast food and frozen TV dinners…Find out how easy it is to cook a home-cooked meal each night by planning it ahead of time. Grab your free Menu Planning Basics report at www.MenuPlanningCentral.com – and watch for the menu pack offer after you sign up.
* 2 cups of salt
* 1 cup of water
* 1 cup of cornstarch
1. Bring salt and water to a boil.
2. Pour cornstarch in a separate container and gradually pour in cold water until it becomes easy to pour or of a liquid texture.
2. Add liquid cornstarch to the boiled mixture and stir until mixture is very thick and transparent.
3. Pour mixture onto waxed paper and allow to cool.
4. Divide the clay mixture and color sections with food coloring. Keep one section white.
5. With a rolling pin or side of a bottle, roll clay out flat.
6. Create your designs and allow clay to dry into shape desired. Press out any cracks that may appear while clay is drying.
Note: Leftover clay may be stored wrapped in waxed paper and refrigerated.
How would you like to get fun and educational activities for your preschooler delivered to your email inbox every week? Join us for some alphabet fun